English Language Development Courses
Developed specifically for use in schools, our proven online curriculum for English learners help students make rapid progress in English language acquisition.
Aligned with the most recent ELD standards, the Language Tree Online programs engage learners ages 12-18 both age and level-appropriate content. Scaffolded instruction together with video, visual and audio reinforcements make new concepts and vocabulary easier to grasp. Students can access our course using any connected device for classroom or in-home learning.
English Language Development (ELD) Level 1
ELD Level 1 is an English language development program for beginner level English learners. This comprehensive hybrid program includes standards-based online assessments and lessons, downloadable instructional routines and a module on acculturation to support socio-emotional development.
- Provides teachers with a better understanding of each student's language gaps — all the way down to the individual skill level
- Accelerates English language proficiency progress with lessons aligned with the latest ELD standards
- Transfers knowledge of cultural norms to help newly arriving students gain confidence in their new school environments
English Language Development (ELD) Level 2
After completing Level 1, or based on formative assessments, students can move onto ELD Level 2. The Level 2 program focuses on the needs of intermediate English learners. Extra emphasis is placed on writing and speaking skills, with practice writing assignments and self-recording exercises.
- Standards-aligned assessments precisely identify the language issues that impede progress
- Subject matter content and vocabulary, from Social Studies, Math, Sciences and Language Arts, are embedded in the language lessons to help students with academic language
- Robust digital curriculum lasts a full academic year