Online English Language Development (ELD Level 1)
Module: Level 1 English Language Assessments (Entry and Exit)
Every English learner is unique, so an individualized learning path is needed. To enable teachers to better understand each student’s individual strengths and weaknesses, we offer thorough "entry" and "exit" assessments aligned with the latest English testing standards. Our assessment approach uniquely provides equity of access for English learners of any level.
The entry assessment results will reveal where each student needs more support. Teachers can then assign to the student the applicable self-paced online lesson modules. We also provide teachers with proven lesson plans and in-classroom tools for small group or whole class instruction.
The exit assessment, taken after the online lessons are completed, gives a clear picture of student progression. Teachers and administrators can view assessment results for individual students, classes, schools and at the district level.
Language Areas Assessed
|Foundational Literacy Skills||
|Collaborative Listening and Speaking Skills||
|Language Function and Construction Skills||
- Evaluates students on the critical aspects of English language acquisition - foundational literacy, speaking, listening and writing
- Aligned with the latest English Language Development (ELD) standards to support progress through to re-designation
- Precisely identifies specific language skill gaps
- Provides actionable recommendations to teachers based on performance in the assessment areas
- Ensures equity of access for all learners through multi-sensory/multi-modal techniques including audio, visual and text
- Developed by a National Board-certified ELD educator and evaluator for the English Language Proficiency Assessment of California (ELPAC)