Online English Language Development (ELD Level 1)
Module: Level 1Foundational Literacy Skills
The absence of a strong foundation in basic literacy skills is often why English learners struggle to redesignate even after many years of study. The ELD 1 Foundational Literacy Skills module is designed to build skills that support oral and written fluency. Phonics and phonological awareness concepts such as sound-symbol relationships, syllables, and blending/segmenting are taught in an age-appropriate manner that meets the need of older students.
|Skill Area||Examples of Topics Covered|
To view the full scope and sequence for Language Tree Online ELD Level 1 and Level 2, click here.
- Standards-based online curriculum and downloadable teacher resources
- Scaffolded instruction throughout builds on previously-taught concepts
- Video input with interactive exercises output to enable practice and progress tracking
- Multi-sensory techniques – text, audio, video, and images – provide equity and access for all English learners
- Developed by a National Board-certified ELD educator and recognized expert in English language proficiency standards