Online English Language Development (ELD Level 2)
Module: Level 2 Foundational Literacy Skills
Many of our Long-Term English Learners (LTELs) have gaps in understanding advanced phonic structures such as spelling patterns as well as word knowledge of prefixes and suffixes. Developed specifically for English learners in the secondary grades, our standards-based Foundational Literacy module provides specialized instruction to support the development of advanced literacy skills.
The acquisition of critical literacy skills is accelerated through the application of proven instructional methodologies, such as sheltered instructional strategy.
|Skill Area||Examples of Topics Covered|
|Word Knowledge and Spelling Patterns||
- Standards-based online curriculum and downloadable teacher resources and online writing exercises
- Scaffolded instruction throughout builds on previously-taught concepts
- Video input with interactive exercises output to enable practice and progress tracking
- Multi-sensory techniques – text, audio, video and images – provide equity and access for all English learners
- Developed by a National Board certified ELD educator and evaluator for the English Language Proficiency Assessment of California (ELPAC)