Online English Language Development (ELD Level 2)
Module: Level 2 English Language Entry/Exit Assessments
Every English learner is different, so an individualized learning path is needed. We offer thorough entry and exit assessments to enable teachers to better understand each student’s individual strengths and weaknesses across language areas. Our assessments emulate the rigor found in statewide proficiency assessments, but also uniquely provide equity of access for English learners so questions are well understood.
The entry assessment results will reveal — down to the skill level — where each student needs more support. We also provide teachers with instructional routines for synchronous teaching and skills practice they can assign to students.
The exit assessment, taken after the online lessons are completed, gives a clear picture of student progression. Teachers and administrators can view assessment results for individual students, classes, schools and at the district level.
Language Areas Assessed
|Foundational Literacy Skills||
|Collaborative Listening and Speaking Skills||
|Language Function and Construction Skills||
- In-depth (81 questions total) assessment to evaluate students across all three aspects of English language acquisition: foundational literacy skills, collaborative listening and speaking and language function and construction
- Precisely identifies specific language skill gaps as only one ELD standard is embedded in each assessment question
- Aligned with current English Language Development (ELD) standards and statewide assessments to support annual progress through to re-designation
- Provides actionable recommendations to teachers based on individual student performance
- Uses multi-sensory tools – text, audio, video and images – to help ensure equity of access for all English learners
- Developed by a National Board certified ELD educator and evaluator for the English Language Proficiency Assessment of California (ELPAC)