Online English Language Development (ELD Level 1)
Module: American School Culture and Functional Vocabulary
We can’t neglect the social and emotional needs of English language learners. Students who have difficulties acculturating are at high risk of getting left behind academically and dropping out of school. Our American School Culture module brings newly-arrived students up to speed quickly on school norms and behavioral expectations. With this knowledge, students can build more confidence, gain a sense of belonging in their school community, and get a jump start on academic success.
Students learn about school rules, available school resources, class participation, extracurricular activities, and fun facts like American holidays and traditions. They will also be exposed to critical, school-related vocabulary as they go through the module.
- Presented in a contextual narrative with supported videos and student characters that relate to real-world peer interactions
- Equips students with the functional, “survival” vocabulary needed to maneuver successfully in their new school environment
- Narration available in both English and Spanish to ensure maximum comprehension
- Uses multi-sensory input - including video, audio, and interactive exercises, to keep students engaged
- Includes interactive exercises, vocabulary builder and downloadable in-class activities
|School Day and School Rules||
|Morning Break and Lunch||
|American Holidays and Traditions||